Registration and Distribution
- York Benevolent Association distributes food on the first, second and third Tuesdays of each month. Clients are asked to pre-register for either the first Tuesday or the Third Tuesday and are assigned a time and a client number to receive food. The second Tuesday distribution is Fresh Express Produce and is open to all clients who are already registered. They just need to show their photo ID and Benevolent registration card as they drive through.
- York Benevolent also does a Handicap drive through for our clients with disabilities on the Mondays proceeding our regular Tuesday distributions. For information, call 717-854-2494.
High Rise Distributions
- We also distribute food to seven, low income, high rise buildings located within the City of York on the first and third Tuesdays. Each location has an onsite coordinator, please ask the building manager for more information on how to receive a delivery.
Backpack Program and School Partnerships
- During the regular school year we partner with Central PA Food Bank and Eastminster Presbyterian Church to distribute supplemental food to York City Schools, York Suburban Elementary and Middle Schools, and York County Vo-Tech. During COVID-19, we reached out to schools, and are distributing food bags to the school site locations where students are able to pick up their pre-packaged meals.
Changes During COVID-19
- During the COVID-19 crisis all of our programs are still operation with the only change being that ALL distributions at the Benevolent will be on a drive through or walk up basis. We have added a fourth Tuesday distribution that is focused on school students. That distribution is from 8:30 am – 11:30 am, and we ask that there is a student/ chilld present in the vehicle or walk up distribution. In an effort to control chaos and control traffic, we do ask for photo ID to be held up to your closed car window as we are still conducting sign ins to try and be as accurate as possible in reporting statistics.
For further info please contact York Benevolent at 717-854-2494. This is an automated answering system. Please let a message with requested information and someone will return your call.